This is an RSS feed exercise for my ADV400 class.
1) Analyze RSS feed: I chose to analyze E!Online since the Food Network website didn't have an RSS feed. Since E!Online has so many feeds I went to TV Headlines (http://feeds.eonline.com/eonline/tvnews) since I watch E! all the time, those stories of of the biggest interest to me. The feed was nicely organized. There was an enlarged headline for each story as well as a picture and a small description. It was nice because I was able to see if I was interested in reading the whole article or not. Each story also had links where I could share it on Facebook or tag it in Delicious, Digg It, or email it. The only thing that frustrated me about this RSS feed was that every once in a while there would be an advertisement which made the otherwise neat page look a little sloppy.
2) I used feedburner to burn my blog and podcast. Here is the link to my blog http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChristiesGuideToEatingWellAsACollegeStudent
and here is the link to my podcast http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChristieParks . You can find a reader links on the left column.
3) Finally, I replaced my blog with an RSS feed. You can find this after all of my posts. I was unable to replace the RSS feed in my podcast because it would have cost me money but I created the feed in feedburner as previously stated.
No comments:
Post a Comment