For this assignment, I joined Digg. Here is a link to my Digg profile.
I "dugg" the following 5 stories:
1) Menu shock: You will be seeing calorie info at more restaurants
2) Study: Fast food logos make you impatient
3) Neil Patrick Harris And Whedon To Team Up in Glee?
4) Ten Summer 2010 Movies We're Mose Excited to See
5) Jamie Oliver: Taking the Food Revolution to the President
I commented on the following 5 stories:
1) "Glee" explained in 60 seconds
2) Glee's "Vogue" vs Madonna's "Vogue": A Comparison
3) Seizure Inducing Sandra Lee Montage
4) Facebook wants to turn Web "likes" into ad dollars
5) The 6 Most Annoying Celebrity Chefs
The button to submit my blog posts can be found within my blog.
I posted this to digg.com Glee Cast Goes Chic.... because I just love Glee and I think its cool that more people are starting to recognize people from the show. Finally Theater is becoming cool! (says the theater nerd in me)
I thought this was really cool actually. I had always heard of digg.com but never actually took the time to look at it. Its neat to see articles or postings by people who aren't in the mainstream media. Digg pulls from all sorts of sources so it give you a wide variety of posts to read. Its interesting to see/share opinions with others as well. I thought when I first started doing this it was going to be really confusing but Digg breaks all of the posts up into categories for easier search. It also has a search box which I used to find topics that I was interested in. One thing I didn't like was that it took 5 minutes to submit each comment. I know its intended for editing but it was frustrating to wait for it to post because I couldn't move on to my next article without fearing that I would lose my comment. I also realize that Digg is linking me to other sources but some of them were very difficult to find the "digg" or "comment" buttons. Overall though I liked digg.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment