Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Fajita Crock Pot Meal



I created this recipe when I was craving fajitas but didn't really have time to make them. I serve it on top of brown rice. --3 PP per cup--

Ingredients:

1 green bell pepper (cut into big pieces)*
1 red bell pepper (cut into big pieces)*
1 small onion (cut into big pieces)*
13 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 package fajita seasoning (or make your own: 2 tablespoons Chili Powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic salt)

*If pressed for time, use 1 bag of frozen fajita vegetables that are pre-cut*

Directions:

Put bell peppers, onion, and chicken in crock pot on low
Mix diced tomatoes and fajita seasoning and pour over other ingredients
Cover with lid and let cook for 8 hours
Before eating, remove chicken and shred with forks (or chop into chunks)
Put chicken back into crock pot and stir
Serve mixture on top of rice and top with shredded cheese (if desired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog