My friend Emily made this for me over the summer. I love it! I've tweaked her recipe a little but I'll post hers with my changes.
Ingredients:
For wontons:
1/2 pound ground pork (I use ground chicken)
1/2 package of wonton wrappers (usually found in the produce section)
ground ginger (I don't like ginger so I just use pepper for seasoning)
1 egg separated
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
chopped green onion shoots (1 bunch)
For soup:
2 big cans of chicken broth
chopped green onion tops (1 bunch-the top of the part used in the wontons)
bok choy or napa cabbage (to liking-I don't use a lot)
2 tsp sesame oil
4 tbsp soy sauce
Directions:
Wontons:
Mix meat, seasoning, egg yolk, green onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
Take 1 wrapper and put small amount of egg white along 2 sides.
Put small amount of mixture in center and fold into triangle.
Pinch sides to make stick.
Repeat with remaining wontons and filling.
Soup:
Place chicken broth in big pot on low heat.
Once warm, add green onions and bok choy/cabbage to broth.
Add sesame oil and soy sauce.
Bring water to boil in separate saucepan.
Drop 3-5 wontons in boiling water at a time.
Cook approximately 3 minutes or until the wrapper looks as though its attached to the meat mixture.
Transfer cooked wontons to chicken broth.
Repeat until soup is done.
Allow to cook for about 20 minutes so flavors combine.
I always serve this with soy sauce on the table for guests to season as they please. If I'm feeling really fancy, I'll stir fry a side of green beans (just take fresh green beans and snap off ends, put in skillet with sesame oil and garlic, cook and serve with soy sauce).
ENJOY! :-)
Yay! I am in love with wonton soup :) Good post!
ReplyDelete