Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slow Cooker Chili

I was really craving chili so I went to the store and picked up some supplies that were on sale. FYI chili ingredients are really cheap right now because of the Superbowl!

Ingredients

1/2 lb ground beef (I use 90% lean to make it a little healthier)
1-30oz can beans in chili sauce
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis (if you dont like heat then just do 2 cans of regular diced tomatoes)
chili powder (to taste)
ground cumin (to taste)
V8 (if seems too thick)

Directions

Brown ground beef in skillet
Put all ingredients in crock pot
Cook on low for 5-6 hours
Add chili powder, ground cumin, and V8 to taste

I love this recipe because its super easy! You can make it in the morning before class and then come home at night and have a hot bowl of chili. This recipe makes about 8 cups. I get about 6- 1 1/3 cup servings out of it. This also freezes really well. I usually put it into individual servings so I can pull it out of the freezer anytime! I also use it to make chili macs and chili dogs when I get sick of just having chili :-)

1 comment:

  1. You must have made this blog for me!!! haha you know I need any recipe you and your mom can provide... especially if it is fool proof! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog