I was feeling like pasta with meat sauce but decided to get a little more creative. I basically made meatballs and stuffed them in jumbo pasta shells. --5 PP for 3 shells--
Ingredients:
7 oz uncooked jumbo shells
9 oz 90% lean ground beef
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp ground basil
2 Tbs seasoned dried bread crumbs
2 Tbs Reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
2 cups marinara (I use Ragu Light Tomato & Basil)
2/3 cup WW Italian cheese blend
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook pasta according to package directions
Brown ground beef in skillet
Drain excess fat from beef
Add oregano, basil, bread crumbs, parmesan, egg beaters, and 1 cup marinara to beef
Stuff meat mixture evenly into shells
Place in 9 x 13 pan
Pour remaining marinara on top
Bake for 15 minutes
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top
Return to oven for about 5 minutes (or until cheese melts)
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Stuffed Shells
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment