I saw a commercial for Olive Garden and started craving chicken parm. Its probably one of the most unhealthy items you can order at an italian restaurant, but I found a way to lighten it up. I served it with spaghetti w/marinara, garlic bread, and a balsamic salad.--3 PP per serving of chicken, 4 servings--
Ingredients:
2-5 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts with fat removed
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use Light Ragu and add sauteed onion and garlic)
1/3 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella (I used WW Italian blend)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag and pound thin
Pour egg substitute in bag and coat chicken breasts
Pour bread crumbs onto plate and coat chicken (may need more crumbs depending on how you like it)
Heat skillet on medium high heat
Coat skillet with cooking spray
Add chicken and sear on each side until crust is golden
Place on baking sheet (I use a wire rack on top of the baking sheet to make both sides crispy)
Bake in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until center is no longer pink
Remove from oven
Place on top of pasta (I used spaghetti and marinara sauce-Light Ragu with onion and garlic) in a 9 x 13 pan
Pour 1/2 cup marinara sauce on top of chicken breasts
Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is melted (approximately 8 minutes)
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Chicken Parmesan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment