Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crock Pot Mushroom and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken


Don't let the picture stop you from trying this. I am obsessed with this dish. I had something similar at a restaurant and had to recreate it at home. SO GOOD! I usually serve this with a green vegetable and rolls. --5 PP each--

Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
10 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs Cooking sherry
4 oz fat free cream cheese
4- 5oz boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of fat
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

Directions:

Heat olive oil in skillet
Cook mushrooms until browned
Add garlic, salt and pepper
Cook until fragrant then add sherry
Heat until alcohol is evaporated
Remove from heat and add cream cheese
Stir until incorporated and set aside
Cut chicken breasts along thickest point to form pocket
Stuff equally with mushroom mixture
Place in crock pot
Pour chicken broth over chicken
Sprinkle with salt and pepper for flavor
Cook on low for 8 hours (may need to add additional broth depending on size of crock pot)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog