I was feeling like Mexican food and didn't want to waste a ton of WW PP on going to a restaurant. I made this based on things I had in the house. It was okay but I wish I would have had enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce and V8.--5 PP each--
Ingredients:
12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
16 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel (or canned tomatoes with green chilis)
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 cup V8
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
11 low carb soft taco sized flour tortillas (the package usually comes with 10 but mine had 11...yay! lol)
Directions:
Place chicken breasts and broth in crock pot
Cook on low heat for 8 hours
-----
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat skillet with cooking spray on medium heat
Cook onion and bell pepper until tender
While cooking shred the cooked chicken with fork
Add to vegetables
Pour remaining chicken broth over chicken and vegetables
Stir in chili powder, cumin, and beans
In a separate bowl combine tomato sauce, tomatoes and V8
Spread 1/4 cup of mixture across bottom of baking dish
Create an assembly line of tortillas, meat mixture, cheese, baking dish
Fill each tortilla evenly with meat and cheese
Roll and place edges down in baking dish
Once all are assembled pour remaining tomato sauce mixture over
Bake covered 30 minutes
Serve each tortilla with a dollop of fat free sour cream
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Shredded Chicken and Pinto Bean Enchiladas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment